What is now the Metro-North Railroad's New Haven Line, running from Manhattan, New York City, to Greenwich, Connecticut, first came through Harrison in 1848, though the first station was not built until 1870.Before that time, Harrisonites had to flag down the train to get a ride.During the 1830s, David Haviland settled in Harrison where he produced Haviland China which he sold in his store in New York City before returning to his native France.Today there exists a Haviland Street in a neighborhood of Harrison known as "South Downtown", whose only street marker looks rather quite older than the rest in the town, composed of wrought iron in scrolled shapes.In 1967, 200 residents stated support for a plan to incorporate Purchase, a community in Harrison, so that corporations could not build in the community.The resolution was for the Town became a hybrid "Town / Village," which it remains today. Passidomo (1921–2005) was first elected Mayor in 1965 by only 67 votes.24.5% of residents were under the age of 18, 9.6% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 21.9% from 45 to 64, and 14.6% who were 65 years of age or older. According to a 2009 estimate, the median household income was 4,640, and the median family income was 0,224. About 4.2% of families and 5.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.3% of those under age 18 and 7.8% of those age 65 or over.The boundaries of the town of Harrison are the approximate shape of a figure-eight.
In fact, the land below Westchester Path and along Long Island Sound had already been purchased and partly developed by the settlers of Rye, NY.Re-elected eight times, he served until 1983 when he resigned to become Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.Harrison's "Platinum Mile", a string of corporate office parks along I-287 in the Purchase section of Harrison, developed under Passidomo.Harrison remained generally free of factories through the Industrial Revolution, while large factory districts grew in the neighboring towns of White Plains, Port Chester and Mamaroneck.In 1929, the Hutchinson River Parkway was extended to Harrison.